We are currently looking for:
Caretakers at Mama Roja in Misiones, Argentina
Summer 2016: November – December (longer term, optional)
The co-caretaker opportunities for people who…
are responsible and reliable
are self-motivated and independent
can speak (at least some) Spanish
are of good health and mind
The position is ideal for someone who has their own creative projects, wants some quiet space to reconnect to nature and to oneself, wants to deepen their personal spiritual practices, or just needs a time out to sit in a hammock and read.
The work would basically entail feeding and caring for the 2 dogs, 2 cats, and chickens, and taking care of the gardens and looking after the property. This requires little physical work but that the caretakers be present on the land. No experience is necessary, all logistical info will be provided upon arrival.
The accommodation will be in one of our earthen cabins with comfortable beds, mosquito screens on the windows, and a wood burning stove (should you need it). There is a fully equipped community kitchen for your use. Electricity comes from the solar panels for charging batteries and running lights, etc. The Yoga Shala is equipped with yoga mats, meditation cushions, and books. Also, there are 2 rivers and a waterfall to be enjoyed.
There is some internet access directly from the house, but a short walk would provide cell phone signal and full communications are available in the nearby town of Obera. There is accessible public transportation to and from the property.
If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with some info about you (if we don’t already know you!), your date availability, and any questions you may have. Thanks!
To get involved:
Write a short letter introducing yourself answering the following questions:
- General information: What is your age, sex (if not obvious by your name), how do you occupy your time (work, school, etc.), and where do you live?
- What experience do you have with natural building, gardening/farming, alternative energy systems, community living, off-grid living?
- What hand-skills, crafts, abilities, or special training do you have?
- Do you have any emotional or health difficulties that are affecting your life now?
- Do you have any special dietary needs, food allergies or sensitivities?
- What else should we know about you?
- What date can you start? How long are you available?
Please send your letter and any questions you may have to email@example.com.